Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Struggling wit sin part:2

Great people of Faith struggled with sin, the people who wrote the bible we are learning an growing from struggle with sin. Paul wrote the book of Romans an many other book's of the Bible, but here is what Paul, a slave to Jesus Christ chosen by God to be an apostle and sent out to preach the good new's say's concerning sin an him self.


The Law is good, the trouble is not with the Law but with me, because I an sold into slavery, with sin as my master. I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. instead I do everything I hate. 
I know perfectly well what I am doing is wrong, and my bad conscience shows that I agree that the Law is good. but I can't help myself, because it is sin inside me that makes me do these evil things. I know I am rotten through and through so far as my old sinful nature is concerned. no matter which way I turn, I cant make myself do right. I want to, but I can't when I want to do good, I don't and when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway. but if I am doing what I don't want to do, I am not really the one doing it; the sin within me is doing it.
It seems to be a fact of life that when I  want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love God's Law with all my heart. but their is another Law at work within me that is at war with my mind. this Law wins the fight an makes me a slave to sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am!  who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin?  Thank God!!  the answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. so you see how it is:  in my mind I really want to obey God's Law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin. 

No comments: